Monday, December 13, 2010

When was the last time you.....

CLEANED your makeup brushes? So I realize that this is probably the busiest time of the year for most of us! So I thought I'd do a really quick "how to" on cleaning your makeup brushes, literally five minutes to do this oh so important task. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to clean your tools regularly! After all none of us want to apply blush and bacteria on our face! YUCK!

So because I'm a Mommy and have Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash on hand for my babies, I actually gave it a try cleaning my brushes and I love it. I already have it, its inexpensive compared to professional brush cleaners and gentle on your brushes!
I wet my brushes pour some Johnson's in my hand and gently rub my brush in the cleanser.

Then I wash all the cleanser out of the brush. Gently squeeze the water out, reshape the brush and lay flat to dry on a towel.




I also cleaned my hairbrushes separately that day too. I clean all the hair out of the brushes, let them soak in hot water and dish soap and lay flat to dry.
So there you have it, its that easy. Trust me your makeup will look so much better when your brushes are clean and your brushes will pick up your color so much better too!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I am ashamed to say it but it had been forever since I last washed my brushes!! After reading your post I went right in there and washed all of my make up brushes and WOW! I couldn't believe how nasty they were! Also, it made a HUGE difference when I put on my make up the next day! Thanks for the great tip! :)

    ReplyDelete